Bob Evans Farms, Inc. owns and operates more than 520 full-service, family restaurants in 22 states, mainly in the east north central, mid-Atlantic, and southern regions of the United States. Most of these operate under the Bob Evans Restaurant banner. About 83 percent of the company's revenues are generated by its restaurant operations. The remaining sales come from Bob Evans's food products operations. The company produces and distributes fresh, smoked, and fully cooked pork sausage and ham products under the Bob Evans, Owens Country Sausage, and Country Creek Farm brands, as well as a variety of other complementary food items sold in the refrigerated and frozen sections of grocery stores. The company's food products are distributed through more than 15,000 grocery stores in 30 states.

Search

Loading...

Tomato Basil Soup






















Bob Evans Tomato Basil Soup
Copycat Recipe

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 stick of butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons tomato paste
fresh or dried basil to taste
2 cans low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 large cans crushed tomatoes in juice 
parmesan cheese

Cook the onion in oil and butter until tender.Add flour and tomato paste.Stir about one minute.
Add broth and tomatoes and basil, and I add some garlic salt. Simmer and reduce heat for about 30 minutes. I use my stick blender and blend, leaving some chunks. Add parmesan (a little or a lot depending on taste),. (I use about 1 cup)

NOTES
Sometimes I add a box of frozen chopped spinach for Tomato Florentine Soup.

2 comments:

  1. I truly think I am addicted to this soup at Bob Evans. I take it home by the quart for 5 bucks. The only thing I might question concerning your recipe is where does the "heat" come from? The stuff from B.E. seems to have some red pepper flakes in it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am addicted to Bob Evans Tomato Basil soup. I drive 100 miles round trip for a bowl of soup. I buy a quart to take home and would buy more to freeze but I wonder how it would taste after being frozen.

    ReplyDelete